Even though the garbage disposal is designed to grind and get rid of kitchen waste, food particles often become trapped in the nooks and crannies of the disposal and drainpipe. This provides the perfect environment for mold and bacteria to grow and create unpleasant odors, as well as unhealthy spores.
Luckily you don`t need to use any manual labor to clean a garbage disposal unit. To keep your unit smelling fresh and running well, all you need is to follow these easy professional cleaning tips from our house cleaning company in Surrey BC.
· Grind only small amounts of food at a time.
· After you`ve finish grinding food, run cold water for 30 seconds. Make sure it is cold. It will solidify fatty and greasy wastes so they will be chopped up and flushed through the disposer.
· Don`t pour oil or grease through the disposer.
· Don`t grind large bones.
· Don`t grind bulky, fibrous materials, such as corn husks.
· Never put corrosive chemical drain cleaners.
A great way to deodorize and sharpen your disposal naturally is with three simple items. All you need are some ice cubes, lemons and baking soda. Just toss into your disposal 4-5 ice cubes, fresh lemon or oranges and a tablespoon of baking soda. Run down your disposal and you will have a fresh smelling and clean disposal while sharpening your blades at the same time.