House cleaning is a dirty business nobody likes to do. If you are like the average household in Surrey BC, dealing with work, family, and other priorities can make cleaning your home properly a challenge and one that you'd sooner avoid. In Surrey market hundreds of House Cleaning Services are ready and willing to do the work for you. Because there are so many companies available, knowing how to choose and hire the best house cleaning service can seem like an overwhelming task, but with a few rules of thumb and a firm understanding of what to expect, you can pick the best option.
1. Decide what areas of your home need to be cleaned and how often before choosing a cleaning service. For example, are there rooms that are off-limits or specific areas that are more important for the service to focus on like bathrooms or hardwood floors? Do you want them to do windows and laundry too or only standard cleaning, such as dusting and mopping? Once you know what you need, you can build a list of requirements to narrow down candidates, as some companies don't offer a full range of services. Avoid companies who said they work on their own check list. It is your house and you decide what needs to be cleaned. Good cleaning company will create a list what will match all your needs.
2. Ask family, friends, or neighbors for referrals. Many customers may be happy to share a positive experience with you, and they may even be eligible for a bonus through the cleaning company if you choose its service. You may even get a better rate if you book on the same day that your neighbor or get discount on your first cleaning. Even if you decide to hire some company though Yellow pages or Internet search ,ask at least for 3 references and check them.
3. Do not hire any companies that are not bonded and insured. Should any accidents happen during cleaning or any theft occur while the service is there; a bonded and insured service will take responsibility. If you choose a service doesn't have these, the responsibility will be yours as the homeowner. Always ask for printed copy of insurance.
4. Contact the potential cleaning services to ask if their maids are legal residents and what type of background checks they have gone through for screening. Make sure the maids are responsible and haven't committed any crimes. If they aren't, you need to choose another company. Don`t forget to ask for WSBC clearance letter. In British Columbia is it always good idea to ask if maids who work for this house cleaning service are sub-contractors or employees. We do not recommend hiring cleaning service what sub contract their maids. Remember by the law sub contractor is self employed person and this cleaning service has to right to control such worker, future more you may be responsible for withholding and paying taxes ,also pay WSBC insurance if something happened to this maid in your house.
5. Ask your potential cleaning service for detailed free estimation. These can be done by walk through your house or by detailed phone estimation. Be skeptical of a company that isn't willing to offer this because you both should be aware of what is expected before the job begins.
6. If this house cleaning service charge flat fee ask what exactly will be cleaned for these money. If company charge by the hour it is good idea to ask how many hours it will take to clean your house? Most of the house cleaning service companies in Surrey BC charge by hour. Keep in mind sometimes it`s more important how much work gets done per hour that what the hourly rate is. Many people still shop by comparing hourly rates but they forget that the best cleaning service is training their maids so they can be efficient and accomplish more during this hour.
7. Avoid letting the "cheapest price" be your determining factor. If 1 service is significantly less expensive than others, there may be a reason why. Be wary of a deal that's too good to be true, and investigate a really good deal thoroughly to find out what kind of service you'll actually be getting. Chances are they're taking some sort of shortcut or have a bad reputation, and you'll want to be aware of what you're getting into before committing. With today market I would not recommended to hire cleaning service in Surrey who charge 25$ and less it is almost guaranty this company is either not paying enough their employees and has huge turnover or their hire illegal immigrants and paying cash. Or as I said earlier maids who work for this company are sub contractors and it`s very grey area who is employer of these maids you or cleaning service company.
8. Ask what kind of chemicals the service uses during its cleaning process and who provides them. If you have children, pets, or allergies, knowing what's in the cleaners is essential. If the company refuses to tell you or if it uses cleaning agents with toxic ingredients, choose another service for your needs. Nowadays is almost always possible to find alternative non-toxic, organic version to any house cleaning chemical. I would recommend hiring only cleaning company what provides supplies ,simply because it is safe for your house. The maids are trained on these supplies, they know how to use them and will not damage any surfaces and finished in your house.
9.Choose a cleaning service that provides a guarantee of satisfaction. Cleaning Services that take pride in their job will make sure you are happy and will insure that any issues you have are reviewed and taken care of promptly. It has to be at least 24 hours guarantee policy .If you are not happy the best cleaning company will come back and re-clean or return your money.
I hope these simple steps will help you to choose the best house cleaning service in Surrey BC. My name is Victoria Korotkevits and I am an owner of V Care Organic Cleaning, House Cleaning Service Company based in Surrey BC. Our company specializes in non-toxic, eco-friendly house cleaning. My personal hospitality experience reflects throughout the standards and quality of all our cleaning company. Furthermore our friendly and personalized service sets us apart from the competition.
V Care Organic Cleaning is the Lower Mainland’s source for healthy, eco-friendly house cleaning. Give us a call at (604) 715-7060 for more information. We currently serve Surrey ,White Rock ,Langley BC areas.